Ever notice that the higher up you go in the organization, your success does not depend on your brilliant knowledge of something. Rather a higher priority is placed on how you select and develop people around you.
If you’re set on progressing your career, you’ve go to commit yourself to a course of personal development.
5 Key insights from famous Executive Coach Marshall Goldsmith include:
1. Don’t fall into the superstition trap
2. Technical chops aren’t enough for leaders
3. Your effectiveness as a leader is based on others perception of you
4. Listening to what other people say is the most important skill for a leader to develop
5. You need to pick and choose your areas of improvement
You can read more about this from an article in Business Insider, Aug 2016
Read more here
Hope you enjoy it.