These books are recommended reading for you and your top Marketing Officer:
- The Art of War by Sun Tzu
- The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing by Al Ries and Jack Trout
- Raving Fans by Ken Blanchard and Sheldon Bowles
- Good to Great by Jim Collins
10 Tips for Business Growth
- Create culture that allows for, and learns from, mistakes.
- Create structured process – look for singles, not homeruns.
- Understand positioning – from the customers view, not Yours.
- Diagram the segments in your Industry.
- Know your strengths and weaknesses.
- Know your competitors’ strengths and weaknesses.
- Check your ego at the door – stay in segments that you know.
- Use qualitative research to explore ideas.
- Use quantitative research to project size.
- Learn by testing ideas with real customers. Refine, modify, and test again.